Spinach and beef burger with roasted vegetables and tricolor quinoa
4 spinach and meat Izidoro hamburguer
300 g of quinoa*
700 ml of water **
1 red onion
1 to 2 garlic’s clove
1 red pepper
1 small eggplant
1 small courgette
1 handful of mushrooms
50 g of walnut (minced)***
50 g of wild rucula
2 to 3 tablespoons of pesto sauce Olive oil (to sauté)
Salt and black pepper (for seasoning)
How to prepare (30 minutes)
1. Cook the quinoa:
Thoroughly wash the quinoa under running water. Place the quinoa in a pan or saucepan, add water and season with salt. Put it on medium heat and bring to a boil. As soon as the water starts to boil, reduce the heat to a minimum and simmer until the quinoa absorbs all the water (approximately 10 min).
Prepare the vegetables to be sautéed while the quinoa is cooking:
2. Peel and chop the garlic.
3. Peel the onions, cut them in thin half moons;
4. Wash thoroghly the remaining vegetable and cut:
a. the mushrooms in quarters;
b. remove the ends of the aubergine, than cut in quarters lengthwise and then into slices about the thickness of a finger (approximately);
c. remove the ends of the courgette, cut in half longitudinally and then in half moons as thick as a finger (approximately);
d. cut the peppers in half, remove seeds and white filaments and cut them into strips.
5. Put a drizzle of olive oil in the pan and let it warm up. When the oil is very hot, add the onion, pepper and garlic and sauté keeping the heat high until soft and golden. Then add the remaining vegetables and continue to sauté for about 5 min on high heat. Reduce heat, season with salt and black pepper (preferably freshly ground), wrap and let it finish cooking over low heat, with the pan covered, until the vegetables are tender.
6. Toss everything in a bowl with pesto sauce, rucula and chopped nuts.
7. Once the salad is ready, cook the hamburgers ****: Use a non-stick frying pan and when it is very hot, place the hamburgers for 5 minutes on each side, until they are grilled.
* Chef’s Note: there are several types of quinoa. However they are all cooked the same way. To remove the bitter aftertaste, it must be thoroughly washed before cooking. Quinoa is cooked in a very similar way to rice.
** Chef’s Note: to add even more flavor to your recipe the water can be replaced with a vegetable or chicken broth.
*** Chef’s Note: to improve your recipe, you can chop the nuts and toast them lightly in the oven or in a frying pan so that they release the oil and become more aromatic and crispy.
**** Chef’s Note: IZIDORO’s Meat and Spinach Hamburgers are already seasoned. It is not necessary to add salt! (See packaging) To grill the 4 hamburgers at the same time, a wide frying pan is necessary so that there is space between each hamburger, otherwise it is preferable to cook alternately, so that they have a crispy crust and are juicy inside.
***** Chef’s Note: IZIDORO’s Meat and Carrot Burgers are already seasoned, it is not necessary to add salt! (See packaging). Use a wide frying pan to grill the 4 hamburgers at the same time so that there is space between each hamburger. Otherwise, it is preferable to cook alternately, so that they have a crispy crust and are juicy inside.
Recipe created in partnership with the Gustave Eiffel School
(Image is merely illustrative, not representative of the recipe presented.)